It’s that time of year to do (and NOT overdo). Here are a few tips that can protect you from injury and expensive trips to the Emergency Room.
- Paint in front of your body not out to the side.
- Use the proper brush, hold it like a sandwich, with the handle resting in between the thumb and index finger. Don’t use a “death grip” on the handle, it will cause your hands to swell.
- On ceilings, use a small ladder to paint around the edge of the room. Use a roller extension handle and avoid looking directly over your head.
Gutters, roofs and ladders
- Double check your ladder is solid and the feet are on stable ground.
- Make sure the ladder is tall enough for the job.
- Have someone hold the ladder for safety
- Boxes should be solid and small enough that you can support the bottom with your hands.
- When boxing up heavy items, use smaller boxes to prevent lifting injury
- Make more trips with smaller loads.